Hospital care post Covid-19: Reorganizing Competition, Planning and Financing
Special Report of the Monopolies Commission, May 30, 2022
- The tasks of hospital planning in the federal states should be focused more clearly and effectively on ensuring the provision of care.
- The German dual hospital finance system should be restructured. The Monopolies Commission suggests a further development of the hospital flat-rate payment as well as the introduction of a provision surcharge that can be controlled by the federal states.
- Patients should be given better opportunities to compare the quality of medical care provided by hospitals.
12th Sector Report Telecommunications (2021): Competition in transition
Sector Report of the Monopolies Commission pursuant to § 195 (2) and (3) of the Telecommunications Act, December 16, 2021
Today, the Monopolies Commission presents its 12th Telecommunications Sector Report.
- Migration from copper to fiber-optic networks should be aligned with competition.
- Mobile communications frequencies should continue to be allocated by auction.
- Overregulation of interpersonal telecommunications services should be avoided.
12th Sector Report Post (2021): Competition with new momentum!
Sector Report of the Monopolies Commission pursuant to § 44 of the Postal Services Act in conjunction with § 195 (2) and (3) of the Telecommunications Act, December 16, 2021
- Deutsche Post AG continues to have a strong position in most postal markets.
- The German Postal Act needs a fundamental reform.
- Amazon enhances competition in the parcel market, yet it should be monitored due to its ability as a platform operator to leverage market power.