The state and development of business concentration in Germany
July 05, 2022 In view of the concentration potential of the digital transformation and a possible upcoming weak economic phase, developments in Germany should continue to be closely monitored.
Decision practice in competition law
July 05, 2022 In its Biennial Report, the Monopolies Commission analyses the years 2020 and 2021 and makes various recommendations, inter alia, on a further-reaching privileged treatment of immunity recipients under civil law.read more
Outlook for the 11th GWB amendment
July 05, 2022 The Monopolies Commission recommends strengthening sector inquiries and unbundling as a last resort in sectors that have been entrenched for a long time.read more
Sustainability and competition
July 05, 2022 Sustainable cooperation agreements need to be assessed under competition law to prevent greenwashing – The Monopolies Commission does not support a general exemption for such cooperations.read more
July 05, 2022 The Monopolies Commission is in favor of measures to make the DMA more effective, but currently against unbundling irrespective of abuse.read more
Hospital care post Covid-19
30. May 2022
Planning and Financing
Competition in transition
16. December 2021 In its 12th Sector Report on telecommunications, the Monopolies Commission makes recommendations on the copper-fiber migration process, mobile communications frequency allocation, and interpersonal telecommunications services, among other things.read more
Competition with new momentum!
16. December 2021 In its 12th Postal Sector Report, the Monopolies Commission recommends a fundamental reform of the German Postal Act and looks at Amazon's role in the parcel market.read more
Recommendations for an effective and efficient Digital Markets Act
5. October 2021 The Monopolies Commission shows how the Digital Markets Act can more specifically protect competition in digital markets to the benefit of consumers.read more
Competition for electricity exchanges, electric vehicle charging and hydrogen infrastructure
1. September 2021 In its 8th Energy Sector Report, the Monopolies Commission makes recommendations, among other things, on the development of infrastructures for electric vehicle charging points and hydrogenread more
Competition on the rail!
21. July 2021 In its 8th Rail Sector Report, the Monopolies Commission recommends, among other things, the introduction of competition-neutral measures in dealing with the Covid 19 consequences and in designing the Deutschlandtakt.read more
Special Report 53: Proposed concentration of Universitätsklinikums Greifswald and Kreiskrankenhaus Wolgast gGmbH